Hey y’all! I’ve been posting all week on my Instagram about my Top 12 favorite things to get at the grocery store. I buy a lot of different types of veggies and meats throughout the year but these 12 things are always in stock in my kitchen. Feel free to drop me a line and let me know what your go-to items are! You might inspire me to add to my list!
Top 12 Grocery Essentials
1. Coconut oil – I use it for almost everything. I cook with it. I swish with it. I put it in my hair. Get a little on my hand while cooking? I rub it in…it’s also good for the skin!
2. Eggs – When I can, I try to buy organic and cage free but it’s not always in my weekly budget to spend the extra $$$. I eat a ton of eggs. So much that we are eventually going to have a steady supply at our house with our own chickens and chicken coop!
3. Liquid egg whites – I add it to my scrambles when I run out of eggs, when want to have a lighter breakfast and I use it for baking.
4. Unsweetened Vanilla almond milk – The vanilla flavor is a non-negotiable for me. I add it to smoothies, drink it by itself and use it for baking.
5. Bananas – Eat them as a snack, add them to a smoothie, bake with them…the possibilities are endless!
6. Avocados – I add this healthy fat to my scrambles, eat half as a snack with salt and pepper, put it in my salads, you name it, I’ve probably added avocado to it.
7. Vegan Protein powder – I go through this stuff pretty fast nowadays. I add it to my coffee smoothie in the am and I bake with it.
8. Pico de Gallo – Just throw a few spoonful’s over a scramble or your favorite protein. I get mild but if you are brave, get the hot version!
9. Sweet potatoes – CAN’T LIVE WITHOUT THESE! I make a bunch at the beginning of the week and put it in a Tupperware container to add to lunches or to eat for dinner. I do this fast by washing them, cutting them into ½ inch thick slices and boiling them on the stove until done. They are also really good baked in the oven. Just coat with coconut oil and a little bit of salt. The skin will turn out really tasty!
10. Ground chicken – Add to scrambles for a protein punch, or eat with some sweet potato and fresh veggies! Super easy and goes a long way!
11. Chia seeds (I never even knew this was a thing until I started TIU but I am so glad I know about it now! Super easy and filling. Check out my healthy snacks recipes for coffee chia seed pudding that is so good!
12. Dates – Another thing that TIU introduced me to! I add them to my smoothies to add a touch of guilt free sweetness.
As always, stay balanced! Love y’all. 🙂