Today, I will be doing a review of some wonderful products by Lemongrass Spa. I was contacted by Wendy, a representative of the company, to try a few of the products and review them. Wendy is so nice and accommodating (and I’m not just saying that!). Go check her out at lemongrasswendy.com or on Instagram (@lemongrasswendy). She was kind enough to send me a trial version of the Honey Oatmeal Bar soap, the Grapefruit Body scrub, and the Pink Shimmer Lip Balm to try. Below is my honest review of the products:
Honey Oatmeal Bar Soap –
- I have super sensitive skin and have to be careful what I use for fear of breaking out. This stuff was gentle and it had a subtle oatmeal honey smell. My husband even liked it! No joke, his EXACT words after using the soap were “I felt really clean today”. He also went on to say that he wanted to keep buying it because he liked it better than all of the other soaps and gels I’ve been buying. Also, after using it, my skin was soft and didn’t have any residue left behind like some bar soaps I’ve used in the past (Dial for example). I am happy to report that my skin never once broke out and I now have a full size bar in my bathtub! Yay! Also, this hard-crafted soap is hard milled and made with all natural ingredients and has zero fillers!
- The price. The full size bar of soap will run you about 8 dollars BUT they have a deal running that when you buy three, you get them for 7 each. Not bad! I only tried the trial version for this review so I am not sure how long the full size will last. I can do an update and let you know once I finish the full size.
- It’s worth it if you have sensitive or dry skin, and like to know what’s in your soap. I often use Dove sensitive and it leaves residue behind in my tub and leaves things kind of slick. The honey oatmeal soap didn’t leave anything behind on my skin or my tub. That alone is worth it to me. It’s a bonus knowing that I’m using a product that is free of dyes and chemicals too.
Grapefruit Body Scrub –
- It smells amazing! I personally love the smell of grapefruit so it was a hit for me. Also, the texture is gritty enough to slough off the grime and dirt but gentle enough not to irritate your skin. I really loved it for my knees and elbows but you can use it all over your body if you like. Wendy also says it’s great to use before shaving your legs. It allows you get a much closer shave that lasts longer. I haven’t tried this but I plan to soon!
- Price. A full size tub will cost you about 16 dollars. I am a cheapskate so buying anything that isn’t from Walmart or CVS is tough for me but I have learned that you DO get what you pay for and this scrub is worth the price.
- I loved it and will buy it again. It’s a great product to have in the winter to get all of that dry skin off and it smells amazing!
Pink Shimmer Lip Balm –
- I have to confess that I have huge lips. Yes, that should be obvious but just in case you don’t know me and are stumbling across my blog, I had to set that straight. With that said, my lips get chapped easily and I hate it so much. It’s even worse now that I’m on Accutane. When Wendy sent this lip balm to me, I was skeptical. I thought, “there is no way I will like this, I can only use medicated chapstick, everything else dries my lips out.” I was wrong. I ended up using an entire tube in about a week (remember, I have huge lips… and I’m on Accutane) and it never dried my lips out. I would buy this again. Also, who doesn’t love a little shimmer?
- I don’t have like 50 tubes of it waiting to be used. 🙂
- I would buy this again, even when I’m off Accutane (which is hope is soon!!!).
I hope you at least go and check out her site and all of the products. She is wonderful to order from and stands behind the products she sells. Thank you, Wendy!!