I recently (like…just now) tried the protein pancakes that everyone has been raving about. I’m a little late to the party but at least I showed up, ammaright?
Anyway, instead of hearing me gab on about how good they were (surprisingly) and how easy it was, I’ll just give you the recipe and a few helpful tips that I learned while making them.
1/2 banana (use the other half to slice up and put on top of your pancakes)
1/2 tablespoon of soy, coconut, almond or low fat milk
1 scoop of vanilla protein (or if you have any other flavors like cinnamon roll, it could work too)
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
Dash of nutmeg
1/4 cup of egg whites
1. Mash the banana and milk until it’s a smooth texture.
2. Combine the banana paste and the rest of the ingredients into a small bowl and mix well.
3. Heat a skillet to medium heat and spray with non stick spray. I like to use coconut oil spray from trader joes but anything will work.
4. Spoon 2 tablespoons of pancake batter onto the skillet.
5. Cook until you see bubbles then carefully flip to cook the other side. Be careful not to burn them. It’s easy to do, trust me. 😁
6. Repeat until all batter is gone. This recipe should make about 4-5 small pancakes.
7. Plate the pancakes and top with leftover banana and maple syrup or honey.